9.10.2008

Thoughts: Knitting

I may as well get this confession out of the way: I am an extraordinarily picky person when it comes to JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. I like things how I like them and no substitute will do.

Now, I love to knit. OH how I love to knit. I could spend every cent of every paycheck on gorgeous yarn from Knit Picks and still never have enough, however, I am a college student and cannot afford to do so. Yet.

Well, as much as I adore knitting, I absolutely abhor around 97% of knitting patterns. Why? Three reasons:

1. Felting. *shudder* I cannot stand the look or feel of anything felted. You've just knitted something lovely and promptly ruined it! Call me a fiber rebel, but I think felting is completely uncool.

2. Most Fair Isle. Yes, some can be classy, such as Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts, which I actually think are gorgeous and would love to fabricate a pair for myself. But really... garments are still knit that resemble Cosby sweaters? Yikes.

3. Too complicated. I am a woman who likes simple, elegant, well-fitting garments. No cables, no extravagant lace, no baubles, no frilly sleeves, et cetera.

That is why I will be casting on a moderately modified version of Alice Bell's lovely Brompton Sweater as soon as I purchase the yarn.

Like I said, I like what I like. :)

I'm off to play some Beautiful Katamari (a game in which you roll stuff into giant balls to create planets) before I turn in. Love to you all!


Beautiful Katamari: The King of All Cosmos!

P.S. Andrew, my boyfriend's roommate, is blasphemous. "Nutella is glorified peanut butter," my butt.

No comments: